- CATV and Broadcast
- Fiber Optics
Aerospace & Defense
ISM and Multimarket
RoadScape eHorizon Module
RoadScape > eHorizon Module
RoadScape eHorizon incorporates all the features and benefits of the GPS Module - PLUS an advanced map and electronic horizon processing algorithm which provides key horizon data to vehicle control systems, enabling applications such as Power management, Transmission control and Driver warning.
All the benefits of RoadScape GPS Module
- Antenna, GPS chipset, message management MCU
- Publishes a GPS solution with Dead Reckoning to CAN bus
- Information available to multiple units such as Navigation, E911
- 2m accuracy at 2σ in open sky conditions
- Full message set including
Additional eHorizon benefits:
- Ethernet connection options
- External GPS antenna provided
- Full ADASIS 2.X compliant
- Customizable message content
- WiFi and BT capable
- CAN capable
ADAS messages can predict the slope of the road ahead. Using this information, power management can be programmed to turn-off fuel burning accessories such as, Air Conditioning for a short time until the road levels out.
Identifying the road slope and curvature information early, the RoadScape eHorizon Module can aid in shifting of multi-speed transmissions for a smoother ride for the driver.
Road curvature information can be compared to the vehicle's speed, providing drivers a warning for dangerous road segments.